Monday, February 1, 2010

Sydney in Wonderland

The 5th and 6th grade classes at Concordia put on their annual drama this weekend.  Sydney played one of the parts of Alice in Alice in Wonderland.  She has been practicing since October and all of the hard work paid off!  The performances were awesome!  All of the children did a tremendous job!


I know we are biased, but Sydney's first scene had her on the stage with no props and just a few characters entering and exiting; she handled it like a pro!!  She took the talents that God gave her and used them to the fullest, it was amazing to see!  


The girl who played the mad Dutchess (in yellow) did an awesome job and one scene imparticular stuck with the girls.  Like any movie they watch, they memorized the lines immediately and so now Sarah Jane is going around the house reciting "I speak roughly to my boy (actually a baby pig) and beat him when he sneezes, for he only does it to annoy and eats the pepper when he pleases!"

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so excited :-) Sydney, I'll be buying front row seats to see you on Broadway. Wow!!
(what a special treat - twice in one week from you. I'm on cloud nine :-)