Friday, November 7, 2008

From Pit Stop to Princess



Well, we have run the full range of activites this week. Caroline and I went to an outdoor go-cart track on a daddy-daughter activity with our church on Saturday. I had no idea that China even had such a thing, but it was a great time! You have to love all the safety rules here, we had to sign a waiver and one of the rules was "do not drink alcoholic beverages and smoke while driving"! I guess before and after is okay, just not in the cart!







Caroline did great! At first she was a little timid, but once they propped her up on some cushions and put her helmet on she was ready to go!









Joe, our driver, stayed and watched. I'm pretty sure that up until Saturday he assumed that we did not know how to drive because when we got ready to leave, he smiled at me and handed me the keys to the van. He obviously had been overwhelmed with my keen and cunning go-carting abilities. So...I couldn't refuse an offer and drove for the first time in China.








On the other end of the spectrum, Wednesday was "Parents Observation Day" at Sarah Jane's dance class. She is definitely alot more relaxed than her older sisters when it comes to these things and she kind of dances to her own beat.
















2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's so great! You guys are always havin' so much fun! Glad you found a church to go to.
Hannah misses dancing. This pic of Sarah Jane is priceless.
Miss you guys!

Heidi said...

Dan, I have gotten in the car with you behind the wheel and heard stories out of your own mouth. I am questioning him handing you the keys. ha.