Saturday, November 22, 2008

November Daze

Hey Everyone, sorry we have been silent for a few weeks. Everything is going well and here are some pictures to catch you up.



In order to make the timing work, Caroline calls her best friend from home, Audrey Ana, before she goes to school.

We actually found authentic Texas BBQ!!! A guy from Texas started this restaurant a few years back and it is good! It was a nice slice of home to be sitting at a wooden table, eating BBQ and listening to Merle Haggard playing overhead. We almost thought we were back home until we glanced out the window and saw the 3-wheel bicycles and mopeds going by.

Samantha and I were able to get tickets to the ATP Masters Cup (tennis) and had a great time.
Here's a shot of a Chinese concession stand at the stadium...hmmm....radish cake or glutinous rice....decisions, decisions.



Benny has some good days and some bad days. Last Saturday, Sarah Jane must have had enough of him nipping at her toes because we walked into the living room and found this!!

4 comments:

The Wells Family said...

Texas BBQ? That's awesome! I would be excited too! I think that's funny they were playing Merle Haggard too. Ha! Leland and I hope y'all are doing well!

Rebecca said...

Hey!! Caroline's hair is getting so long . . .She looks older :-)
That stadium looks like a baseball stadium here. Packed!!! Leave it to you guys to find TX in China :-) I'm so glad for you.
I'll buy that puppy, Sarah Jane. Do you think Hannah will have better luck :-} Love you guys. 2 feet of snow here. (and it's not even Thanksgiving!!!)

Mary Beth said...

This is Mary Beth from Shanghai, too - we go to church together. I have a "ming pian" for Bubba's but we haven't made it out there. Glad to know it is approved by some other Texans. Guess we will have to try it now! Blessings - MB

Amy said...

We just got back from eating at Rudy's! Jealous? I guess not, since you've got Bubba's! Too cool!
Poor Benny...I'm in LOVE with his ears. How can anything that sweet be annoying? Oh wait, I have an 8 month old...never mind! Miss y'all.
Happy Turkey Day.
Love you!