And now for one of the best parts of Chinese New Year...it's a true holiday. Almost all the companies here, except for retail/food, close for a full week. So, we took advantage of that and the girls being out of school and took a trip to Bali, Indonesia.
What an awesome part of God's creation! It was beautiful! We wanted this to be a family vacation and to spend the time with the girls. Aside from the sun, sand, pools and all the great things I figured it was a success when late one evening after we had spent all day at the pool, Sarah Jane came up out of the water and said "Okay, we can go to the room now."
Here are some highlights.
GONGGG....
GONGGG....
The girls wanted to get their hair braided and I had to hand it to them, they sat for 2.5 hours to get it done! The bonus was that Samantha didn't have to do hair for the rest of the week, which was a real vacation for her. I think she's planning to take the braids out just before Easter.
Now, I have to explain this one. Traditional Balinese Dances - We were warned by some kind friends that we shouldn't attend the Jegog dance because they had seen it and it just consisted of a bunch of guys chanting "Jegog, Jegog" the whole time. So, we didn't go to that one, we were wise...we went to the "Kecak" dance...and saw people dancing around while a bunch of guys chanted "Kecak, Kecak"!
A giant chess board, you can't just walk by that without playing (we were playing checkers, just in case you were wondering)
And how coud we not include this one?
4 comments:
What an amazing vacation! God is good to give you what looked like a great time. Saw one of the girls at church with her cute hair and now I know where it's from. Blessings - MB
Wow - looks amazing (and how does Samantha manage to look just as young as when you got married???)
Hey guys! I cannot imagine a better vacation. Now it's back to the old grind?:-/ We still have 2 feet of snow on the ground and temps in the 20's (it's a heat wave) Bali looks wonderful ~ Kecak and all!
Dan,
I got your email and visited your blog to visit your beautiful family's pictures. You never know about traveling so thank you for the invite. The Father is making me into more of an international believer of late. You're very gracious in your compliments which I find very affirming. I, too, have a blog and a facebook page.
so look me up for some pics.
http://davidwells.solideogloria.com/
Post a Comment